Welcome to Chelmer Foods
Chelmer Foods Limited was established in 1992 in the market town of Halstead in North Essex by current Managing Director Roger Weaire to import and distribute dried fruits, nuts & seeds.
The business now operates from a modern office based in Braintree, Essex and has grown year on year with an annual turnover which now is in excess of £65 million pounds.
The strength of the company has been built upon its strong partnerships with leading exporters from around the world.
The company sources and supplies product from over 20 countries and with this wide range of options we can offer products from our supplier base to suit the needs of most manufacturers and packers within the UK.
We are proud to have built the company into one of the UK’s largest independent importers and distributors of dried fruit and edible nuts.
- In 2010, Chelmer Foods successfully took over the business interests of Flagship Fruit & Nut, further increasing our customer base.
- 40,000 tonnes imported from over 20 countries in 2017
- Import over 2000 containers per annum
- Turnover in excess of £65 million
- ISO:9001 & organic certified
- BRC Agents & Brokers