Date: 26th May 2022 Category: Latest News

As a whole, the global dried grapes market is anticipated to rise considerably during the forecast period, 2021 to 2027. In 2021, the market is growing steadily, and with the rising adoption of strategies by key players, the market is expected to rise over the projected horizon.

A report released by the INC earlier this month, was able to provide us with ample information about the geographical growth and shipping.



The Turkish dried grape production is expected to be 290,000 metric tons for the 2021/22 season. With a beginning stock of 60,000 MT, the total supply is estimated at around 350,000 MT. International shipments reached about 226,000 MT. Exports have amounted to 22,825 MT, up by 7% from the same period the previous season.



China drastically reduced dried grape production in the 2020/21 season mainly due to COVID-19 lockdown measures in the Xinjiang area, China's largest raisin producing region.

After last season's short production, 2021/22 production is forecasted to increase, up to 200,000 MT. Weather conditions during the growing season were very favorable. Green raisins account for around 70% of the total production, while the remaining 30% are Sultanas.

Overall, quality was reported very good by early September and provided there are no rains until early October. It is foreseen to be excellent, with good color and less mold, while the size is a little smaller than last year due to high temperatures.



Despite the lack of rain during the rainy season, growing conditions have been favorable, with plenty of warm days, especially during the summer months. More raisin variety grapes are expected to go to the wineries for crushing, impacting the number of grapes used to make raisins this year. Quality is expected to be very good with berries on the smaller side.

The fires burning in the mountain communities, mainly to the north of the raisin growing region, are expected to have little or no impact on raisin production. When writing this report, export shipments continued to get affected due to port congestion and vessel delays. (