2) Place oats in your food processor and blitz for 10 seconds.
3) Keep some whole oats to mix later. Use the food processor to finely chop the pecans.
4) Bake the oats and pecans on a baking sheet for about 15 minutes or until the oats are golden and the pecans lightly toasted. Remove and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
5) Increase oven temperature to 180°C.
6) Place the pitted dates in your processor and turn on until a smooth paste forms. Transfer the date paste to a large mixing bowl. Stir/mash with the peanut butter. Add the cooled oats, pecans, coconut, chocolate chips and cinnamon. Mix together with your hands until fully incorporated.
7) Empty mixture onto your lined pan and spread evenly to the edges and corners. Place a piece of parchment over the top and firmly press down with your palms until well-compacted and completely smooth.
8) Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool for 1 hour.
9) Place the pan in the fridge and let chill for at least 2 hours. Chop into bars with a long, sharp knife.
10) Keep tightly covered in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.